We finished digging the hole yesterday and began setting the footing forms. Since the excavator had to go back today, though, we decided to yank out the hedge next to our driveway, as well as the roots left over from the tree we had removed. Here's the hedge-beast:
Here's the pile of roots we pulled out. Our front yard is totally torn up now, so we'll have some landscaping to do when the addition is complete.
When we couldn't find anything else to destroy with the excavator, we inhaled some dinner and went back to work on the forms. We had them just about done by the time it was too dark to work anymore, and here's what they looked like this morning: